- Ensure you choose an appropriate outfit for the interview; conservative and neat avoiding loud ties, bright socks or esoteric clothing.
- Make sure your shoes are clean and avoid overpowering aftershave/perfume.
- Dress in dark blue, black; darker outfits give an image of control, while lighter ones tend to show a need for attention.
- Make sure that you are still well presented if you take off your jacket
- DO NOT smoke before you go into the interview or spray strong smelling cologne or perfume.
- Take out all piercings and ensure tattoos are covered to the best of your ability.
- First impressions really do count in Real Estate.
If you are prepared for your interview, know your strong points and why you would be suitable the interview should be smooth sailing, the main thing the client is looking for in junior roles from the candidate is:
- Clear communication
Maintain eye contact and listen to what the interviewer is saying. Emphasise your strengths and stay positive; focus on experience and personal qualities
ON TIME – It is extremely important you aren’t too early or late at all. We suggest enter the premises 5 minutes early not a minute earlier as this can quite often put the interviewer off side (especially if they are busy finishing up some other work, they will feel rushed if you are sitting and waiting for fifteen minutes)
FIRST IMPRESSIONS – When the interviewer enters the room you must stand, smile & make eye contact when you shake their hand. It is also important you say their name and do not sit until you are asked, or sit simultaneously with the interviewer.