Temping is a great way to develop your skills, maintain industry experience, make some extra cash and gain experience working in different types of offices and companies. Even a short term assignment will expose you to a new environment and new ways of doing things! Temping, contract and casual work is becoming increasingly common in the modern workforce, and employees and employers alike are quickly catching on to this new phenomenon. Below are just some of the many benefits to doing temp work!
- Temping can be used as an opportunity to build your network, meet like-minded people in a particular industry or meet someone you aspire to and get to see how they operate.
- You can choose when you are available so if you need a day off for study, or for family or personal commitments you can just advise your consultant not to book you in that day.
- You get paid by the hour. Sticking to your contracted hours is important but in some situations you may be invited to work additional hours and the great part is you will be paid for it!
- Temping and contract roles are becoming an increasingly popular way to work and future employers see it as a positive that you have continued working and maintained relevant skills in the industry.
- Temping is a great way to make extra cash whilst travelling, between jobs or on the weekends.
- It’s also a great way to ease back into the work force after a period of leave or if you are looking at changing industries. It can give you an inside look as an employee what that change could look like.
- Temp to perm opportunities – some temp roles can eventuate into permanent roles, and this is a great way to “try before you buy” to see if the company is a right fit for you and vice versa.
Get in touch with Temp Talent (call 02 9966 4211) to talk about how to get started temping with us!
Share This Article
Three Common Real Estate Networking Mistakes To Avoid
1 day ago by Kat Morgan
What to ask real estate agents in job interviews, and the answers you want to hear!
8 days ago by Kat Morgan
5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Accepting A Job Offer
15 days ago by Kat Morgan
How to re-enter the workforce after time away
21 days ago by Kat Morgan
5 Best Tips for Not Blowing up Your Job Interview!
29 days ago by Kat Morgan