Resigning is a delicate subject and needs to be handled right, nearly everyone is uncomfortable giving a resignation and lets be honest most of the time employers don't like getting them.
I've compiled some tips on how you as an employee can handle giving your resignation in the best fashion!
- Make sure your boss is the first to know and not all your colleagues, no employer likes to hear second hand news about someone leaving
- Ask your boss for a meeting, try not to email or text - a persona “do you have moment” is much better but of course if you need to schedule a meeting via email then do that
- Have a letter prepared to hand to your employer at this meeting - make sure in the letter you thank your employer for their time and their learning and wish them well
- Give the correct notice period and make sure you still put in full performance in those last few weeks, you want to finish on good terms with any employer as much as you can - just remember that you will need this job as a reference one day
- Finish nicely, say good bye and thank your boss in person on your last day - remember last impressions count as much as first ones.
Share This Article
Making The 2019 Financial Year Great
7 days ago by Kat Morgan
Make sure your CV leaves a great first impression
14 days ago by Kat Morgan
How to handle your resignation as an employee
22 days ago by Kat Morgan
How to retain your best staff
29 days ago by Kat Morgan
Why job hopping is becoming the new norm
about 1 month ago by Kat Morgan